Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eternal on the Water



Title: Eternal on the Water
Author: Joseph Monninger
My Rating: 2 Books
Review: After reading the description of this book for the BN First Look Book Club, I had to read it. I thought it was going to be such a wonderful and touching love story; however, I just couldn't get into it. The writing style didn't bother me (although I felt like there was a 'he/she said' written after almost every line of dialogue, so I had to make myself ignore those endings), I thought it was pretty good actually. The story itself didn't capture me. I never felt like I wanted to read more of the story when I would have to put it down. The love story between Cobb and Mary seemed almost 'too perfect' and it was unbelievable, to me anyway. I did read this through to the end (once I start a book, I have to finish it) but I never really felt connected to any of the characters and I never yearned for more. I would be interested in reading more of his books and suggest that you read this one for yourself as you may enjoy it. After all, this is just my opinion, yours could be completely different.


Where to purchase: Barnes and Noble, Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...