Sunday, August 29, 2010

Before I Fall



Title: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver
My Rating: 5 Books
Review: Lauren Oliver's debut novel, Before I Fall, is a beautifully written story about the main character, Sam's, last day alive. Sam and her friends are very mean and hateful to everyone around them. I couldn't help but HATE them all in the beginning. However, as Sam starts to relive the last day of her life 7 times, she starts to see herself in a different way and she begins to understand that what she does and doesn't do, can have a major effect on events, as well as other people, that happen throughout the day and on her life.

As February 12th happens over and over, she begins to change her attitude and by the end of the book, I loved Sam and her friends. My heart also went out to them and hurt with them. The end of the story is one that will tug at your heartstrings - it's sad, but a happy sad.

Before I fall is a life changing story that will make you think about the way you live your life; it's a book you'll never forget. Even though this is a YA book, I think everyone should read it and pass it along to friends. You'll never be the same.


Where to purchase: Barnes and Noble, Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...